The password reset process for borrowers is very similar to that of a lender account. If your borrower needs assistance with a password reset, follow the steps below.
- This article only applies to borrowers who log in using Blend credentials. Single Sign-On (SSO) borrowers should follow their online banking password reset procedures.
- This process will not trigger a password reset email for SSO borrowers.
- Password reset emails will only be sent if the borrower has activated their account in Blend.
- If the borrower has not activated their account, re-send an invitation from Blend. The invitation email will include an activation link so they can create a new password.
If the borrower has activated their account
Instruct the borrower to:
- Visit the apply portal (i.e., apply.lender.com). If you are not sure of the URL, feel free to re-send an invitation, the invitation will include a login link.
- Click Trouble signing in?
- Enter the email associated with the application in Blend.
- Click Send link.
- The borrower must click the Reset Password link that was sent to their email address.
- The borrower will be directed to the portal where they can create and confirm a new password.
Things to note
- Password resets requests will be logged in the Communication log (COMMS).
- The email must be entered correctly. For security purposes, Blend will not alert the borrower if the email was entered incorrectly, or whether it exists.
- If the borrower indicates they are not receiving a password reset email
- Check to make sure they are not SSO. Refer to How to identify a borrower's login method to learn more.
- As mentioned above, verify that the borrower has activated their account in Blend.
- Simply have them try resetting their password again and ensure the email they are entering matches the email in their Blend application.
- If the email is incorrect, make the correction in Blend, save the application and it will automatically trigger a new activation link.
- If the borrower reports that they are not receiving a password reset email, refer to Troubleshooting Email Delivery.
Post is closed for comments.