Learn what to do if you experience 'An error occurred while trying to set up an e-signature, please try again.' when setting up electronic signatures on a custom follow-up in Blend.
An error occurred while trying to set up e-signature, please try again.
There are two common causes for this error:
Allow pop-ups from Blend in your browser
If the error is caused by your browser's pop-up blocker. Here's what you can do:
- If you are using Google Chrome, try setting up the e-signature again
- Click on the pop-up blocker icon
- Select Always allow pop-ups and redirects from option
- Click Done
- Try again
For other browsers, follow the steps linked below.
- Microsoft Edge - Block or unblock pop-ups in Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox - Pop-up blocker settings, exceptions, and troubleshooting
- Safari - Allow or block pop-ups in Safari on Mac
The file size is greater than 25 MB
Blend Sign providers (OneSpan and DocuSign) have a file size limit of 25 MB. Check the file size of the document you are trying to upload. If it's greater than 25 MB (26,214,400 bytes), it will display an error.
DISCLAIMER: The features on this page may not be applicable to your institution. Please reach out to Blend Support for more information on what features are enabled for your use.