Settlement agents can use the ‘Share closing package’ task in the Settlement Agent Workspace to share a closing with a notary for any hybrid or traditional paper-based fallback closing. This will allow the settlement agents to share documents, data and other information with notaries within the Blend platform.
Share Closing Package
1. Click Share Closing Package link.
2. Enter the following information for the notary:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email address
3. Select Notary from the Role dropdown menu.
4. Click Save.
You can find the notary's information in the Contact tab under the Other Contacts section, once the Closing Package is shared with the notary.
- The notary will also receive an email letting them know that a closing has been shared with them.
If the settlement agent shares with a notary who doesn’t yet have a Notary Workspace account, they will receive an email requesting that they activate their account. As part of the activation process, the notary will be prompted to enter their contact information, which will be stored in their profile and can be edited at any time.
Notary Account Setup
1. Click the Activate link in the email.
2. Create your own password and confirm it.
4. Click Activate account.
5. Enter your mobile phone number or email for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
6. Click Complete activation.
7. Enter the following information to create profile:
- First & Last Name
- Phone Number
- Street Address
8. Click Continue.
9. Click the loan on the pipeline screen. This screen will display all closings that have been shared with the notary.
10. The Overview tab will have the Closing Package under the Documents section.
Note: For hybrid closings, the eSign documents (along with signing status) and ink sign documents will be shown in two separate document cards.
10. The Contacts tab will have names and email addresses of closing parties (i.e. borrower, lender, settlement agent, etc.)
Questions on Blend Settlement Agent Workspace? Reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
DISCLAIMER: The features on this page may not be applicable to your institution. Please reach out to Blend Support for more information on what features are enabled for your use.