Blend Income offers a seamless digital experience across the entire mortgage process powered by the efficiency of intelligent workflows. By incorporating multiple data sources, Blend Income is designed to increase the number of borrowers for whom income can be digitally verified.
- Blend Income workflow is only applicable for lenders who currently have this product enabled. If you’re interested in adding Blend Income please reach out to your Blend account team.
- The Income workflow utilizes pop-ups. Please ensure that pop-ups are enabled in order to experience the proper workflow.
After the borrower completes the Getting to Know You section, Blend Income will attempt to locate the borrower’s employment and income data from our data partners.
Borrower experience - Income section
After the borrower completes the Getting to Know You and Assets sections, the borrower will complete the following steps for the Income section:
1. Click Start this section.
If there is a match, the income section of the mortgage application will be pre-filled with the verified income and employment information.
2. Review information.
a. Click View annual income summary link below each employer card to view the details. A new modal will open showing employment and income information for the last 2 years.
b. If the information is incorrect, Click the Remove link for that employer card to remove that employer from the results.
3. Click Agree and proceed, if all information is accurate and up to date.
- Even after clicking “Agree and proceed,” borrowers are later given the opportunity to edit any employment and/or income information that they believe is not up to date or accurate.
The Blend Income Report will be generated for all borrowers if the Instant Lookup workflow produces a hit, regardless of whether the borrower accepts or rejects the match.
- The Blend income report will appear in the Documents Tab.
- These changes are not reflected in the Blend Income Report but are exported as part of the 1003. This allows lenders to compare the borrower-stated employment and income information to the 3rd party sourced employment information.
4. There will be two options:
a. Click Yes, add more income to add additional income that didn't show in the results.
b. Click No, Continue to move to the next section of the application, if there is no additional income to be added to the application.
DISCLAIMER: The features on this page may not be applicable to your institution. Please reach out to Blend Support (email@example.com) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.
Article is closed for comments.