Blend Income offers a seamless digital experience across the entire mortgage process powered by the efficiency of intelligent workflows. By incorporating multiple data sources, Blend Income is designed to increase the number of borrowers for whom income can be digitally verified.
- Blend Income workflow is only applicable for lenders who currently have this product enabled. If you’re interested in adding Blend Income please reach out to your Blend account team.
- The Income workflow utilizes pop-ups. Please ensure that pop-ups are enabled in order to experience the proper workflow.
Primary Borrower - Getting Started section
After the co-borrower's information has been submitted in the Getting to Know You section by the primary borrower, Blend will ask the primary borrower if they have access and authorization to provide information and consent on behalf of their co-borrower. The primary borrower will have two options:
a. Click Yes. This option is for Sharing co-borrower.
i. Click Yes to share personal and financial information with each other. This option is for the Sharing co-borrower.
ii. Click No, keep our information separate. This option is for the Non-sharing co-borrower.
b. Click No. This option is for the Non-sharing co-borrower.
Note: After the “Getting Started” section is completed, the primary borrower cannot change their responses regarding a co-borrower. If the primary borrower changes their mind and decides to apply independently, they will need to start an entirely new application.
Non-Sharing Co-Borrower experience - Income section
If a borrower is applying with a co-borrower and indicates that their information should be kept separate, the co-borrower will experience the same flow as the primary borrower.
Resource: Blend Income - Borrower experience
Note: If you require a separate application for sharing co-borrowers and if a borrower and co-borrower agree to share personal and financial information with each other and proceed on just one application, the income verification workflow will only apply for the primary borrower. The co-borrower’s income will need to be manually entered into the application in the Income section, and then their verification will be run upon application submission.
Sharing Co-Borrower experience - Income instant lookup
In the Income section, the borrower and co-borrower will need to enter income information one at a time, the co-borrower will complete the following steps for the Income section:
1. Click Start next to their name.
Note: Each borrower will complete their income section by clicking Start next to their names.
If there is a match, the income section of the mortgage application will be pre-filled with the verified income and employment information.
2. Review information.
a. Click View annual income summary link below each employer card to view the details. A new modal will open showing employment and income information for the last 2 years.
b. If the information is incorrect, Click the Remove link for that employer card to remove that employer from the results.
3. Click Agree and proceed, if all information is accurate and up to date.
- Even after clicking “Agree and proceed,” borrowers are later given the opportunity to edit any employment and/or income information that they believe is not up to date or accurate.
The Blend Income Report will be generated for all borrowers if the Instant Lookup workflow produces a hit, regardless of whether the borrower accepts or rejects the match.
- The Blend income report will appear in the Documents Tab.
- These changes are not reflected in the Blend Income Report but are exported as part of the 1003. This allows lenders to compare the borrower-stated employment and income information to the 3rd party sourced employment information.
If instant lookup does not return with results, the borrower/co-borrower will be shown the different income types that can be added to the application. For more information on entering income manually, please watch the Income - Blend Basics video.
DISCLAIMER: The features on this page may not be applicable to your institution. Please reach out to Blend Support (email@example.com) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.
Article is closed for comments.