For security purposes, your Blend lender account can become locked after multiple failed login attempts or dormant if you haven't logged in over 30 days. Learn how you can unlock your Blend lender account.
- How does an account get locked?
- Unlock a dormant account by logging in with current credentials
- Reset your password to unlock your account
- Unlock a Lender User as a Blend Administrator
Note: For users that log in to Blend using email and password (Non-SSO).
How does an account get locked?
There are two ways in which a lender account can get locked:
- An account becomes dormant after not logging in to Blend for a period of 30 days or more.
- Three or more failed login attempts will lock the account.
Unlock a dormant account by logging in with current credentials
An account becomes dormant if not logged in to Blend in 30 days or more. Dormant accounts will need to be re-activated to confirm the lender user has access to the email on file. To re-activate a dormant account:
- Log in using the same email and password. This will trigger a re-activation email.
- Click the Reactivate Account link included in the email you just received.
- You will be taken to the login page where you can proceed to log in with your current credentials.
Please note that if you forget your password and three or more failed login attempts take place, the account will lock. Resetting your password will unlock your account.
Reset your password to unlock your account
If you're lender account gets locked, you must reset your password to regain access.
- Click on the Trouble signing in? link on the login page.
- Enter Email Address you used to create the account.
- Click Send link.
- You will receive an email from us with the subject line Password Reset Request.
- Click Reset Password link.
Unlock a Lender User as a Blend Administrator
If you are a Blend Administrator, you can unlock another user's lender account from the Setup panel. This method will unlock the account and the user can log in without resetting their password.
- Navigate to Your settings > Setup > Users.
- Search for the lender user with the locked account.
- Check the box next to their name and click the Unlock Account button.
The lender user can now log back in with their current credentials. No emails will be sent after unlocking the account through the administration tools.
If the user forgot their password, you can trigger a new password reset email for them by clicking the Reset Password button.
- Non-SSO (Single Sign On) lender accounts will be forced to reset their passwords every 90 days.
- SSO (Single Sign On) lender accounts, please reach out to your administrator for assistance.
DISCLAIMER: The features on this page may not be applicable to your institution. Please reach out to Blend Support for more information on what features are enabled for your use.