DISCLAIMER: Report Subscriptions are available for select customers and will be generally available in late August 2021
Note: These tools, reports and corresponding data are provided as-is and should not be relied on for compliance or formal reporting purposes.
Blend provides you and your organization with the tools to understand and evangelize the Blend story through data.
User permissions: Available for users with the “Reporting User” role assigned.
Blend administrators: Please contact Blend support at firstname.lastname@example.org to enable the Reporting permission.
With Report Subscriptions, users can set up a subscription once and have the data delivered directly to your inbox on a Daily, Weekly, or Monthly basis without having to log in to the Reporting Dashboard.
At a high level:
- Reporting Dashboard users can create a subscription for any of the generated reports located in the “Reports” tab, and add additional recipients from your institution
- Recipients will receive an email from email@example.com each day the report should be sent, before business hours, with the report attached as a CSV.
Using Report Subscriptions
- Any user with Reporting Dashboard access can set up a subscription up to 20 subscriptions per institution - See the Help Center Overview for how to get started with the Reporting Dashboard
- Any user with a valid email domain at your institution can be added as a recipient; up to 10 recipients can be added per subscription
Note: Adding a user as a recipient to a subscription will not give that user reporting dashboard access; as with all data in the reporting dashboard - Please use discretion on who you choose to add as a recipient.
Create a new subscription
1. Click Report Subscriptions.
2. Click +Create Subscription.
3. A new modal will open. Select your desired Report Subscription parameters, which include the standard parameters for generating reports manually (see Help Center page on Generated Reports), as well as options for how you want the Report Subscription to be delivered.
a. You can also hover over the tooltip next to each parameter within the application for instructions on how to use the parameter.
The name of the Report you would like to be delivered
The Loan type you wish to filter the report on, if any
The timestamp for which you would like the date range to be filtered on
The cadence you would like the report to be delivered.
|Day of Week||
The day of the week you would like the report to be delivered on for the previous 7 days, not including the day selected.
E.g. if you select “Monday”, the report will be delivered between 4AM- 7AM PT on Mondays and will contain data for the previous Monday - Sunday.
Note: Only required for "Weekly" report frequencies
Recipients you would like to be added to the subscription. You may add up to 10 email addresses. Recipients must have a valid email domain with your institution. Please use discretion for who you add as a recipient.
4. Click Save.
5. The subscription will now appear in the current subscriptions section.
Note: The email address of the user who set up the subscription will be shared in the email as the individual who added the recipients. E.g. within the email body - “firstname.lastname@example.org has shared a report subscription with you”.
Edit an existing subscription
All active subscriptions will appear in the Report Subscriptions tab.
1. Select the Edit link for the subscription you'd like to edit.
2. A modal should appear with the parameters prefilled. Select the parameters you would like to update.
Note: Please note, you cannot update the Report parameter.
3. Select Save.
4. Your edited subscription will appear in the report subscriptions tab at the top of the list of subscriptions.
Delete a subscription
All active subscriptions will appear in the Report Subscriptions tab.
1. Select the Delete link for the subscription you'd like to edit.
2. Select Delete again to confirm.
3. The subscription will now be removed from the Active subscription list and recipients will no longer receive emails. You are still able to see previous reports generated by that subscription on the “Reports” tab in the historical reports section.
- Recipients will receive an email from email@example.com with the default subject line of “New [Daily/Weekly/Monthly] [Name of Report] for [Date Delivered]”
Note: The user who set up or last edited the subscription will be listed in the email as who shared the report.
- At this time, only 8MB of data is able to be sent through email. Reports over 8MB will still be generated and sent, however any rows over the 8MB limit will not be included in the report. You will receive an additional notice in your email if the attached report has been truncated to fit under the limit. You can still download the full report by going to the historical reports section in the “Reports” tab of the Reporting Dashboard
Note: Only users with Reporting Dashboard access will be able to access the historical reports section.
- To view the edit history on the Report, scroll to the subscription you would like to view and select the “History” button on the right hand side under the “Actions” column. You can see the timestamp, action, and user who edited the subscription.
- All reports sent from a Report Subscription will appear in the Historical Reports section on the “Reports” tab as generated by “Subscription”.
Q. A recipient did not receive an email, what should I do?
A. Check your spam folder and be sure to whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org as a first step. Delivery of emails is subject to any firewalls or security protocol set by your institution.
Q. Am I able to select a specific time for the report to be delivered?
A. At this time you are unable to specify a time for the report to be delivered. Reports are generated and delivered at off peak times so as to reduce the traffic on manually generating reports during business hours.
Q. Can I select a timeframe other than UTC for the data to be returned in?
A. At this time reports are only able to be delivered in UTC.
Q. Why am I getting an alert that a specified recipient is invalid?
A. Only users with a valid email address with your institution are able to be added, i.e. you may not add addresses ending in “@gmail.com” or “@outlook.com”, but they must be “@yourinstitution”. If your institution has multiple email domains, the domain must already be white listed within Blend - reach out to email@example.com if you need to check what your institution’s email domain with Blend is.
Q: How are the emails from Report Subscriptions secured?
A: Our system defaults to using TLS to send outbound messages and will use this security protocol granted the receiving mail provider is set up to receive the secure connection. Check with your internal IT team to ensure this security measure is met. Furthermore in production environments our DMARC settings for the blend.com domain, our DKIM policy, and SPF policy are set to strict. These checks attempt to ensure the authenticity of origin for any of our outbound messages.
Reporting: Generated Reports
DISCLAIMER: All mentioned features on this page may not be applicable to your institution, please reach out to (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.