This process is to change/edit the settlement agent's information for closing packages that have already been sent out.
- Change/edit settlement agent - Lenders
- Add Settlement Agents to a Closing Without Redrawing
- Settlement agents - Settlement Agent Workspace
- Closing documents have been sent, current closing status is SENT
- Closing date could be today or a future date
Change/edit settlement agent - Lenders
1. Click Cancel closing package in the Disclosures & Closing tab.
2. Edit the Settlement agent's information
3. Click Re-send closing package for signing
Note: Once the lender clicks "Re-send closing package", the previously assigned Settlement Agent will no longer have access to the closing documents/ file.
Add Settlement Agents to a Closing Without Redrawing
Lenders may add additional settlement agents to a loan after it is submitted for closing. After the loan is sent, the lender may go to under the disclosers tab and add additional parties to the closing.
1. Navigate to the Disclosures & Closing tab
2. Click Additional Party
3. Enter the settlement agent's information
4. Click Save
Notifications will be sent to the added contact emails they may access the documents.
Note: Lenders utilizing Encompass may also add additional settlements agents after the loan is sent for closing. If the loan is redrawn and resubmitted, the additional settlement agents will be removed and will need to be added in again after the resubmission is completed.
Settlement agents - Settlement Agent Workspace
The new settlement agent will receive all closing documents and details. The closing package will already have been split without manual intervention from the ops desk team.
1. Settlement agent would print the Ink Sign documents for closing.
2. The eSign closing status will change to Signed once the documents are signed by the borrower
DISCLAIMER: The features on this page may not be applicable to your institution. Please reach out to Blend Support for more information on what features are enabled for your use.