After creating a new application, loan teams can invite borrowers to review and complete an application or create a Follow-ups Only loan where borrowers are able to submit documents if no application review is necessary.
Send an invitation
In this short video, we’re going to show you how to send a personalized email invitation to your borrower.
video length: 2 minutes
Note: The timing for when the co-borrower gets invited to the application is dependent on if it is a shared or non-shared application. Refer to Add a co-borrower (borrower experience) to learn more about the invitation rules.
1. Click Invite Borrower from the application page and select Application and follow-ups or Follow-ups only.
Send Application - If the borrower needs to complete a full application.
Request Follow-ups - If the borrower only needs to submit documents with no application to review.
2. Proceed to the Invite Options screen
Send an invitation via SMS
Our new SMS product gives borrowers the option to receive application invitations via SMS.
1. In the Invite Options screen, click the SMS checkbox and enter the borrower's phone number, then click Next.
By checking the SMS box and adding the borrower’s phone number to this field, the loan team confirms they have obtained the borrower’s express consent to receive automated text messages inviting them to complete their loan application (see language below the phone number field).
2. Loan teams can customize the verbiage of the SMS invitation message that is sent to the borrower. Once finished, click Invite borrower to send the invitation.
Note: This is an opt-in feature release. Please contact your Blend Account Partner to learn more and to configure this in your environment. There is a 160-character limit for SMS.
Re-send an invitation
Loan teams can re-send an invitation to a borrower with just a click.
1. Click Resend Invite. The option is only available after the initial invite has been sent to the borrower.
a. If there is more than one borrower, select the borrower’s name you wish to resend the invitation. The drop-down option is only available if there is a co-borrower on the application and the co-borrower has been activated in Blend.
2. Proceed to the Invite Options screen to finish your invitation.
Tip: We recommend resending an invitation when:
- The borrower is unable to find the initial invitation email
- Their activation link expired after 7 days.
Note: Once the invitation email is sent, Blend will log the event in the Activity Feed with the borrower, application template, and message.
Sending an invitation to the borrower when the loan is in an archived state will result in an "Unexpected error occurred" alert.
DISCLAIMER: The features on this page may not be applicable to your institution. Please reach out to Blend Support for more information on what features are enabled for your use.
Article is closed for comments.