You can run DU (Desktop Underwriter) on applications that have had credit pulled and all necessary information entered.
1. Click Run DU on the Lender Toolbar.
2. DU Results will display on the screen.
Note: The following fields are required to run Desktop Underwriter:
- Loan information
- Loan purpose
- Purchase price
- Loan amount
- Mortgage type
- Interest rate
- Amortization period (months)
- Amortization type
- Subject property information
- Property type
- Intended use
- Number of units
- Property address state
- Borrower declarations:
- U.S. citizenship
- Primary residence
- Real estate owned (if applicable):
- Mortgage payments must be linked to a liability
Note: You will get an error message if any of the above information is missing.
DU Results screen
a. Download the results: You can download the report.
b. Documents tab: You can navigate to the docs folder to view the report after downloading it.
c. DU results response: You can view the results response in this section. You can get the following responses:
d. Send pre-approval: You have the ability to send the pre-approval letter from this screen.
Note: In order to send the pre-approval letter, you must get an Approve/Eligible or Approve/Ineligible response.
Send pre-approval letter from the DU Results screen
1. Click Send pre-approval from DU results screen after running DU.
2. You can write a personalized message to the borrower, if desired.
3. Select the name(s) to send the pre-approval letter.
4. Click Preview to view the letter before sending, if desired.
5. Click Send letter.
The system will display a confirmation notification on the Pipeline screen for sending the pre-approval letter.
Sample pre-approval letter
DISCLAIMER: All mentioned features on this page may not be applicable to your institution, please reach out to (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.