Loan officers will receive notifications on all loans that are originated by them or by their loan team members.
- Loan notifications to all loan team members
- Close notifications for loan teams
- Turn off email notifications for loans you don't originate
- New Device Notification Email
Loan notifications to all loan team members
- When the borrower starts an application
- When the borrower submits their application
- When the borrower uploads documents (notifications are sent at 15 minutes intervals)
Note: One notification is sent per instance.
Close notifications for loan teams
- Closing Package has been uploaded and sent to Blend
- Preliminary Closing Documents Sent from Encompass
- eSign Closing Documents available for the borrower
- Closing is Redrawn
- When All Borrowers Sign Documents
- If eSign task has not been completed (This sends twice a day)
Turn off email notifications for loans you don't originate
Loan officers have the ability to turn off notifications on loans they do not originate.
1. Click Your settings
2. Select Account
3. Click Loan Team
4. Check Skip notifications for loans I don't originate
5. Click Save Changes
Note: If you would like to be removed from a loan team, reach out to the team owner or your administrator and request to be removed from their loan team.
New Device Notification Email
Blend will notify lender users when a new login from a new device is detected.
This email message is intended to alert users if an unknown actor is attempting to access the user’s Blend account. If this were to occur, the new device notification email allows the user to reset their Blend password and log out of all active sessions.
As with the “Remember this device” feature, a device is considered to be either a combination of a web browser and a device, or a mobile app.
"New device has logged in to your account"
- For non-SSO (Single Sign On) lender users.
- The template for the new device notification email is customizable. Contact Blend Support if you’re interested in customizing this email template.
- Clearing a browser's cache and cookies or using an Incognito/Private window will effectively trigger a New Device Notification Email.
DISCLAIMER: The features on this page may not be applicable to your institution. Please reach out to Blend Support for more information on what features are enabled for your use.