This article will help you locate the right log files needed for any analysis of Encompass activity. Each time Encompass interacts with the Blend service, Encompass creates a series of local text files on a per session and per loan basis. This means that you can import a loan and track the series of events generated during that process.
1. Open the File Explorer for Windows (Manilla folder icon).
1. In the address bar, type %temp% to be brought to the user's TEMP folder in Windows.
3. Click on the EncompassSC folder.
4. Find the session folder that corresponds date and time-wise to the loan you imported
(Example, if you imported a loan on "10/10/2018 at 3:00 PM" you'll want to find the corresponding folder for that date/time).
5. Click through the menus to eventually land in Encompass > TEMP > PAPI > EM.PSBlend this will land you in the logs for the API interactions.
6. Click Date Modified to sort the documents by time created.
7. The logs shown will show you the beginning-to-end story of the API requests Encompass made to Blend.
Note: Opening up each log will show you the response Blend sent back to Encompass or endpoint used.
The PAPI files will now include additional event and error logging that is posted to Blend. The additional information includes loan ID, incident time, error message, action taken, LOS ID, and whether or not the error occurred in the integration or auto sync. See the sample below:
"message": "Blend System Error. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.",
"action": "GET loan mismo",
This update will help our team, as well as Ellie Mae's support team, further troubleshoot errors that occur. Depending on the request from the Support team, one or more of these logs will be required.
DISCLAIMER: All mentioned features on this page may not be applicable to your institution, please reach out to (email@example.com) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.