Admins have the ability to bulk upload users in Blend.
CSV file format
B. Employee ID
D. LOS Username
E. NMLS number
F. Phone number
G. Phone Extension
H. Full Name
I. Loan Type
L. Login Method
M. Credit Internal Account Identifier
- Make sure there is no formatting and duplicate users.
- Each row should include the appropriate user details (blanks are acceptable).
- For multiple roles, use pipes (e.g., “Loan Officer|Super”). The Loan Officer role has a hardcoded requirement of NMLS ID.
- Status = PROVISIONAL (Required and all caps)
- Login Method = email (no caps)
- If you are using Lender SSO, login method = SSO
Construct the CSV file for import
Note: It is critical that headers are named correctly.
|Branch||Optional||Branch name or number|
|Employee ID||Optional||Employee ID|
|Mandatory||Must follow standard email syntax|
Important: Lender will need to make sure that all of the LOs/users that would want to be assigned to a loan in Encompass have the LOS Username configured in Blend in the admin > User section
Otherwise, the exported loans will be assigned to the default assigned user.
Encompass Lenders: Include the LOS Username value for all Loan Officer users in Blend.
|NMLS ID||Mandatory, if the user has a Loan Officer role.||
Important: This is required for the role of a Loan Officer.
In the sheet, add it as NMLS#
|Phone #||Mandatory||Do not add parentheses or Hyphens [(), -]|
|Phone Extension||Optional||Do not add 'ext' or 'x' in front of the number|
|Full Name||Mandatory||As to be displayed|
|Loan Type||Optional||Indicate Mortgage, HELOC or HeLoans. Add a pipe to separate different loan types (e.g. 'Mortgage/Hekic')|
Indicate the roles as required.
For multiple roles: Use pipes (e.g. "Loan Officer/Super")
|Status||Mandatory||'PROVISIONAL' and 'INVITED' to be in all caps|
|Login Method||Mandatory||Add 'email' with no caps. Make sure the accounts do not use SSO login method.|
|Credit Internal Account Identifier||Optional||Some clients using credit need a credit internal account identifier|
Upload the CSV and create new users in Blend
- All new users must first be added with the Status: PROVISIONAL
- If a user is not added as PROVISIONAL first, you will see an error "Lender Not Found"
- The steps listed below should be followed in the order listed
1. Click Your settings.
2. Select Admin.
3. Select the Users tab.
4. Click Upload CSV.
5. Click Choose File and select the appropriate CSV file you'd like to upload.
6. Click Parse CSV.
Tip: Success will result in a message in red saying “Successfully updated x/x” - if any errors occur, review the file, make any needed changes, and re-upload.
7. Upon success, a provisional record will be created.
- No alerts are triggered on the creation of a provisional user.
- Provisional users are not visible within the lender system – e.g., a lender-user cannot assign an app to a provisional user.
- Loan assignments may, however, be applied to a provisional user via a referrerId.
Create a full record & trigger email of an activation link to user
1. Edit the CSV status column to INVITED.
3. Upon success, the user will be in the “Pending email verification” state.
Note: A user cannot be fully activated via the bulk actions – i.e., you cannot subvert the requirement for the lender to activate their own account via the welcome email.
DISCLAIMER: All mentioned features on this page may not be applicable to your institution, please reach out to (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.