DISCLAIMER: All mentioned features on this page may not be applicable to your institution, please reach out to (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.
Loan teams will get an error message if special characters are used in file names.
Note: If a document file name contains any special characters/symbols [@, #, $, %, &, (, ), *, +,~,!,^] this error will be displayed by Encompass when importing documents from Blend.
Illegal character in file name sample
Resolve error message
1. Navigate to the Docs tab.
2. Click on the document name to download it on your computer.
- Update the file name and remove any special characters. As in the example above remove the pound sign [ # ] and parenthesis [ ) ].
Save the updated file on your desktop.
3. Click Upload File to re-upload the updated file from your computer.
a. Select the file.
b. Select file Type.
c. Select Borrower name.
d. Check box for Share file with borrower(s), if desired.
e. Click Upload.
4. Follow steps of importing documents into Encompass.
Tip: You can ask the borrower to re-upload the documents without any special characters in the file name.