DISCLAIMER: All mentioned features on this page may not be applicable to your institution, please reach out to (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.
What are Disclosures?
Disclosures are forms the borrower gets when they work with a lender to get a mortgage. These forms are required to help them understand the terms of their mortgage before accepting them, as well as certain rights they may have under Federal or state consumer protection regulation. Once a full TRID application has been collected for a borrower, the lender has 3 business days to disclose on a qualified loan - i.e. deliver the documents for review. Each loan that is disclosed on will have an Initial Disclosures package (inclusive of the Loan Estimate doc) and those that make it all the way to closing, will have a Closing Disclosure package (inclusive of the Closing Disclosure doc). The borrower may receive disclosures at various stages in the loan process, as prescribed by the regulation applicable to each disclosure.
To Issue Encompass Disclosures in Blend:
- Open the loan in Encompass and click on the eFolder icon on the upper right side of the loan
- From the eFolder click the eDisclosures button to issue the disclosures package and begin adding documents
- In the Send eDisclosures window, you can select the borrower pair to whom you want to issue the disclosures
- Upon clicking the "Order eDisclosures" button, you will be taken back to the eFolder where the documents will begin to generate. Note that this ordering process works for all types of Disclosure packages.
- The 'Select Document' window will open up allowing the loan officer to select the group of documents that will be part of the disclosures package
- In the Add Documents to eFolder window, select 'Add each document as a separated eFolder attachment' option and click 'Ok'. Make sure the "Add each document as a separate eFolder attachment" option is selected!
- In the eFolder the 'Received' date will now appear with the new date
- Click the document to view the document details and current version you are working on
- To open the eDisclosure Manager close out of the eFolder window and go into the loan
- From the loan view, click Forms tab and select Disclosures Tracking option
- Additional Services
- Click My Providers tab
- The Blend Summary screen will open where you will see borrower details and the eDisclosures Manager.
- Borrower(s) eConsent status can also be found on the Summary screen.
- Click on Manage Disclosures link in blue to open the document manager window
- Select the package and click Send button to send to borrower in Blend.
- This action will create a Disclosures Tracking record in Encompass with the date the action was performed.
- Note: Blend eDisclosure tracking only applies to packages ordered within Blend.
Additional RegZ-ordered Disclosures information
In addition to eFolder-ordered Disclosures, Blend supports delivery of RegZ-ordered Closing Disclosures. The process is largely similar to ordering disclosures from the eFolder- select the documents through the “order docs” button in the RegZ form, then add them to the eFolder from the form. Upon adding to the eFolder, the RegZ package will appear in the Blend disclosures delivery screen:
Delivering unassigned Disclosures Packages in Blend
RegZ ordering typically requires assigning documents in the package to specific borrower pairs. If a package is ordered through a RegZ form, Blend will attempt to automatically assign all the docs in the package, resulting in one of two scenarios:
- If any one of the docs in the package has been already assigned, the Blend/Encompass integration will assign all other docs in the package to the same borrower pair, to get the package ready for delivery as soon as possible.
- If none of the documents are assigned to a borrower pair, the package will show in the “Undeliverable Packages” section, with a warning:
The fix is simple- select a borrower pair in the dropdown menu within the Undeliverable section to assign the package to a borrower pair. Upon completion, the package will move into the Deliverable Disclosures section, and you can deliver into Blend as normal.
Please note that any additional changes to borrower pair assignment for documents in the eFolder won’t reflect in Blend once the package has been delivered.