Blend's follow-up experience gives users a more intuitive way to request documents from your borrower.
- Benefits of using follow ups in Blend
- Add a follow-up request
- Add a one-time custom follow-up
- Set up eSignature
- Suggested follow-ups
- Delete a suggested follow-up
- Manually and automatically requested follow-ups
- Mark a follow-up complete or delete a follow-up
Benefits of using follow ups in Blend
- You can add the same follow-up multiple times
- You can easily look for a follow-up in the search box
- You can easily add a custom document or question when a search returns no result (also available via the "Custom" category)
Add a follow-up request
1. Navigate to Follow-Ups.
2. Click Add.
3. Choose Start from template or Start new list.
a. Start from template - If you have created custom follow-up templates.
b. Start new list - If you want to want to choose a list of available follow-up templates.
4. After selecting Start new list, a list of commonly used follow-ups will be displayed. You can click Add to see the list again.
5. You can search for a follow-up using the search field or select from the list.
6. Select the desired Follow-Ups from the list.
Tip: You'll find the most frequently requested follow-ups in the Commonly Used section. You'll find all other available requests below that section.
Add a one-time custom follow-up
If the follow-up you need is not included in the list, you can create your own. To create a custom follow-up and save it to be reused on many applications, refer to Set up and use Follow-Up templates.
1. Click Add.
2. Select Custom from the categories on the left.
3. Choose Custom Document or Custom Question based on your need and proceed to review the request.
4. Choose the applicant(s) or third parties (if applicable) to receive the request. Refer to Third Party Recipients (TPR) in Blend to learn more.
5. Choose an option from What is required from the borrower.
- Document upload - Request the borrower to upload a document.
- Document review - Upload a document for the borrower to review.
- Signature - Upload a document for the borrower to eSign and proceed to Set up e-signature for Blend Sign.
6. You can give the Custom Document a name and include a personalized message for the borrower.
Lastly, click Review request to proceed or click Save and close to save it as a draft if you plan on sending it at a later time.
Set up eSignature
Tip: Click and hold while dragging the fields over to the document. Clicking the field once will make the box drop in the middle of the document screen.
After the eSignature has been set up, review or customize the follow-up email and click Send request to finish.
Blend suggests additional Follow-Up requests based on the information entered in the application. These Follow-Ups require loan officer review and are manually sent to the borrower.
Note: Blend suggested Follow-Ups can be configured by your company. For example: If your company requires three years of tax returns, the Follow-Up will request three years of tax returns from the borrowers.
1. Navigate to Follow-Ups and click Review Suggestion to see more information and send the suggested follow-up.
2. Review the request, upload any necessary documentation, and add a message, if desired.
3. Click Add to draft.
You will be taken back to the Follow-ups tab. Click View Saved Draft.
You will have the ability to add more follow-ups to the draft if needed. When finished, click Review Request to proceed and send the request to the borrower.
- Suggested follow-ups will not be sent automatically.
- Once the follow-up is sent, it will appear under the Manually Requested section.
Delete a suggested follow-up
To delete a suggested follow-up, click the X button next to it.
Manually and automatically requested follow-ups
If your organization automatically requests certain follow-ups as part of their standard application template, you'll see those separated from the ones you manually add yourself. The post-submit processes (these are a part of your Blend application template) will still exist and can also be viewed and deleted under Automatically Requested.
Mark a follow-up complete or delete a follow-up
1. Click the three dots next to the follow-up.
a. Mark as complete - If you receive your follow-up request outside of Blend (e.g., via email or in person).
b. Delete - If you don't need the selected follow-up anymore.
Follow-ups marked as complete, will display a status of "Completed Externally" and the borrower will no longer receive email reminders for this follow-up request.
- Completed follow-ups cannot be deleted. Follow-ups are marked as completed once a borrower completes a follow-up request, or an LO marks it as completed externally.
- The ability to delete follow ups and/or mark as complete requires role permission Work on loans in process. If Work on loans in process is set to Never, the drop down menu will not be visible.
DISCLAIMER: All mentioned features on this page may not be applicable to your institution, please reach out to Blend Support for more information on what features are enabled for your use.
Article is closed for comments.