Follow-ups now live in their own tab, in addition to Application, Activity, and Docs.
- Add Follow-Up Requests
- Set up e-Signature for DocuSign
- Manage Follow-Up Requests
- Delete a suggested Follow-Up
- Manually requested and automatically requested Follow-Ups
- Mark a Follow-Up complete
- Delete a Follow-Up
Add Follow-Up request
1. Click Follow-Up tab.
2. Click Add.
3. If your lender has created custom template lists, you can choose one of those.
4. Click Create New List to create a new list.
5. Click Add.
6. You can search for follow-up in the search bar or select from the Commonly Used list.
7. Select the desired Follow-Ups from the list.
Tip: You'll find the most frequently requested follow-ups in the "Commonly Used" section. You'll find all other available requests below that section. You can also search for the follow-up you're looking for.
Note: If you don't see the follow-up you need, you can name and add your own. These self-named documents will get added for this loan, but won’t be permanently added to the main drop-down list.
To add a follow-up that doesn't show up in the list:
a. Type the name of the request in the search bar.
b. Click Add as custom document.
8. Select the borrowers, if there are more than one borrowers.
9. Select from What is required from the borrower options. Add additional message to explain your request, if desired.
10. Select Signature and upload the document to be signed.
11. Click Set up e-signature to set up DocuSign .
Resource: You can find more instructions on setting up e-signature through DocuSign by following steps 3 and 4 here.
Set up e-signature for DocuSign
12. Click Review request.
13. Review message and additional information, if necessary.
14. Click Send request.
Manage Follow-Up Request
If there is additional documentation required based on the information submitted by the borrower, additional Follow-Ups will be added under the "Your to do list" in the Follow-Ups tab.
1. Click Review Suggestion to see more information and send the suggested follow-up to the borrower.
2. Review request. Upload any necessary document and add message, if desired.
3. Click Review request.
4. Customize message, if desired.
5. Click Send request.
- Suggested follow-ups are not sent automatically.
- Once the follow-up is sent, it will not show under the "Your to do list" section.
Delete a suggested Follow-Up
1. Click the X next to the follow-up to be deleted, it will be removed from the list.
Manually requested/automatically requested Follow-Ups
If your lender automatically requests certain follow-ups as part of their standard application template, you'll see those separated from the ones you manually add yourself. The post-submit processes (these are a part of your Blend application template) will still exist and can also be viewed and deleted under Automatically Requested.
Mark a Follow-Up complete/ delete a Follow-Up
1. Click the three dots next to the follow-up.
a. Select Mark as complete, If you receive your follow-up request outside of Blend (e.g. via email or in person)
b. Select Delete, if you don't need the selected follow-up anymore.
2. The status will change to "Completed Externally," and your borrower will no longer receive email reminders for this follow-up request.
Notes: Completed follow-ups, however, cannot be deleted. Once a borrower completes a follow-up, or an LO marks one as completed externally.
DISCLAIMER: All mentioned features on this page may not be applicable to your institution, please reach out to (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.