Learn how to assist borrowers with reconnecting Locked or Not Connected accounts.
- Verify that the account is Locked or Not Connected
- Borrower completes the Asset Statements task to reconnect their bank account(s)
Verify that the account is Locked or Not Connected
First, verify that the account(s) are Locked or Not Connected on the lender side of the application.
- Navigate to Assets in the Application tab.
- Click Refresh Assets.
- Confirm that the account status is Locked or Not Connected.
- Request an Asset Statement follow up. Be sure to choose the Connect account(s) option, this will allow borrowers to re-connect their accounts.
Note: Refreshing Locked or Not Connected accounts will request an Account Statements follow up where the borrower is asked to upload a copy of their account statements instead of the connection flow.
Tip: To simplify the process, you may prefer to remove the asset account from the Assets section on the lender side of the application by clicking X Remove. This way, when the borrower completes the Asset Statement task, they'll only have the option to add and connect the account from scratch resulting in newly generated asset statements.
Borrower completes the Asset Statements task to reconnect their bank account(s)
Guide the borrower through the following steps to reconnect their bank accounts.
- Click Complete item.
- Select the Asset Statements and start the section.
- Click Yes, add another to get to the login page.
- Search for the financial institution to reconnect or choose from the options below. The borrower will have the option to connect other accounts if desired before completing the task.
- Enter the financial institution login credentials and click Secure sign in.
- Review the accounts to connect. To exclude an account, click the X. Click Continue.
- If there are other financial institutions to connect to, click Yes, add another account. Otherwise, click No, I'm all done to finish.
The account(s) should now be connected. If Blend was able to pull asset data, Generated Asset Statements (GAS) will be available in the DOCS tab.