Loan officers can manage documents in an application. This includes uploading a new document on behalf of the borrower or archiving existing ones that are no longer needed or incorrectly submitted. Additionally, loan teams can control if borrowers and third parties can access each document in the application.
- Upload a document
- Document sharing settings
- Archive a document
- Role Permissions Required for Managing Documents
Upload a document
The ability to upload a document in Blend requires the Create documents role permissions. If the Upload action button is grayed out in Blend, please reach out to your administrator for access.
1. Navigate to the DOCS tab.
2. Click Upload.
3. Locate the document on your computer, then click Open.
4. Set the file details before uploading.
a. Document Type - Set the document type from the drop-down list.
b. Borrower - Select the borrower to whom the document pertains.
c. Share With - Specify which parties will have access to the document, including borrower and third parties.
5. Click Upload and the document will be added to the application package.
- Supported file types are PNG, JPG, JPEG, TIF, TIFF, and PDF.
- Maximum file size is 100 MB.
- Documents will only show up in the LOS after the sync with Blend occurs.
- Password protected documents are not supported.
Document sharing settings
Loan teams can control who can access each document in the application, including borrowers and third parties (TPR).
- Navigate to the DOCS tab.
- Click the ellipsis button on the document you wish to update.
- Click Edit file access.
Only lender users with access to this loan can access the document.
Select borrowers and third parties
Loan teams can choose who can access this document, including borrowers and third parties. Lender users with access to this loan can still access the document.
NOTE: Sharing a document with any borrower in a sharing borrower pair will automatically share the document with the sharing co-borrower.
Archive a document
Lenders can archive documents from a loan. The ability to archive a document in Blend requires the Delete Documents role permissions. If the Archive action button is grayed out in Blend, please reach out to your administrator for access.
1. Navigate to the DOCS tab.
2. Click the ellipsis button next to the document you wish to archive.
3. Click Archive.
4. You will be prompted to confirm before Archiving the document, click Archive.
Role permissions required for managing documents in Blend
Managing documents in Blend requires the following permissions.
- View documents - Allows users to access the DOCS tab. If this permission is set to Never, the DOCS tab will not be visible.
- Create documents - Allows users to upload documents. If this permission is set to Never, the Upload button will be grayed out.
- Bulk download loan documents - Allows users to download all documents in bulk. If this permission is set to Never, the Download all button will be grayed out.
- Archive documents - Allows users to archive (delete) a document. If this permission is set to Never, the option to Archive a document will be grayed out.
Note: Document deletion cannot be undone..
DISCLAIMER: The features on this page may not be applicable to your institution. Please reach out to Blend Support for more information on what features are enabled for your use.