Blend has integrated Equifax’s IRS Income Verification Service into our platform. Through this integration, lenders who use Equifax as their Income Verification Express Service (IVES) tax transcripts provider will be able to request and receive a borrower’s tax transcripts from the IRS directly in the Blend.
- This integration is available for customers who use Equifax as their IVES tax vendor.
- Customers must also have implemented the 4506-C Tax Transcripts follow-up in their Blend environment or must be willing to do so. Information about this follow-up is available in the Blend Intelligence Overview.
- This is an opt-in feature not enabled by default. If you meet the requirements above and would like to take advantage of this feature, please reach out to Blend Support or your Blend representative.
Request tax transcript via Equifax
Once the tax transcripts follow-up is completed by the borrower, loan team members will be able to request the tax transcript through the Follow-Ups tab. There are no changes to the borrower workflow with this feature.
- Click the ellipsis (...) button.
- Select Request tax transcript via Equifax.
- Requests may take 2-3 weeks to process. Click Request to proceed.
Blend will periodically check the status of the request and post details about the status in the Activities tab.
When the tax transcripts are ready, Blend will retrieve them from Equifax and will be uploaded to the Docs tab. The document type will be Tax Transcript.
When the request is completed, the loan team will receive an email notification confirming the transcripts for the borrower have been received from the IRS via Equifax and the document is viewable in the docs tab of the loan.
Conversely, if the request is rejected, loan teams will receive an email notification accordingly with details from the IRS or Equifax.