Lender users can create and use custom email templates when sending Follow-up requests to borrowers. This guide will describe how to create, manage, and use your custom Follow-Up email templates.
- Add a new custom Follow-Up email template
- Apply your custom Follow-Up email template
- Edit a custom Follow-Up email template
- Default custom Follow-Up email templates
- Delete a custom Follow-Up email template
- Supported capabilities of custom Follow-Up email templates
Note: This is an opt-in feature. Blend Administrators, feel free to reach out to Blend Support if you are interested in enabling this in your environment.
Add a new custom Follow-Up email template
You can create custom Follow-Up email templates in the Follow-ups section under your Account settings.
- Navigate to Your settings.
- Click Account.
- Click Follow-ups.
- Click the +Add button next to Email templates.
- Fill out the template name, body, and settings.
- Click Save when finished.
Your custom follow-up email template will appear under Email Templates.
Apply your custom Follow-Up email template
To use your custom Follow-Up email template:
- Request a new follow-up.
- Click the System Default box to view a list of custom emails.
- Select the email template you wish to send.
- Click Send request.
Note: The System Default will not appear if one of your custom-created email templates is set as default.
Edit a custom Follow-Up email template
To edit a custom Follow-Up email template:
- Navigate to the email template you wish to edit and click Edit.
- Update the template and click Save to apply changes.
Default custom Follow-Up email templates
If you have a template you use often, you can make it your default template. Default templates will be pre-filled every time you request manual follow-ups.
You can still edit the email before sending the request or apply a different custom email template.
Additionally, you can navigate to the Follow-ups section in your Account settings directly from the drop-down by clicking on Edit email templates.
How to set a custom template as the default template
- Navigate to the email template you wish to set as the default template and click Edit.
- Select Yes under Make this the default template? and click Save to apply changes.
Default custom templates will have an indicator next to it.
Delete a custom Follow-Up email template
To delete a custom Follow-Up email template:
- Navigate to the email template you wish to delete and click the ellipsis button.
- Click Delete.
- Click Delete to confirm.
- Deleted templates cannot be recovered.
- Deleting an email template that was used in an active request will have no impact as the email was already sent.
Default templates cannot be deleted. To delete default templates, you must first edit the template to remove its default status.
Supported capabilities of custom Follow-Up email templates
- There is no limit to the number of custom follow-up email templates.
- Rich text/WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) formatting is not supported today.
- The only supported variables are [RECIPIENT-NAME] and [FOLLOWUPS-LIST].
- If you'd like to preview a custom email template, we recommend creating it and sending it in your beta environment before adding it in production. Previewing custom follow-up email templates is not currently supported.
Sharing custom follow-up email templates with other lender users is not supported.
DISCLAIMER: The features on this page may not be applicable to your institution. Please reach out to Blend Support for more information on what features are enabled for your use.