As you and your borrower navigate through the application, any number of actions can trigger an email notification to your borrower. Here are some of the emails your borrower may receive, how often they’ll receive them, and if needed, how to stop your borrower from receiving them.
- Activate account
- Account has been activated
- Complete the application
- Complete a Follow-Up request
- Turn off Follow-Up email reminders
- Mark a Follow-Up complete/Delete a Follow-Up
Once you’ve completed setting up a new loan, your borrower will receive an email prompting them to activate their account. The email subject will read: “Complete your [company] loan application.” This email will come from noreply@[your company].com. The borrower will receive the email once, and if they do not activate their account with that link in seven days, the link will stop working. The borrower will only receive this email again if you send the email invitation again.
- The activation link is active for 30 days if the borrower social security number is NOT entered in the application.
- The activation link is active for 7 days if the borrower social security number is entered in the application.
Account has been activated
After your borrower has activated their account, they will receive an email letting them know that their account has been activated and that they can now log in. The email subject will read: “Your [company] loan application.” The email will come from noreply@[your company].com. They will only receive this email once.
Complete the application
If your borrower stops short of submitting their application or doesn’t complete a process, they will receive an email reminding them to complete it 24 hours after their application session ends. The email subject will read: “You’re almost done!” The email will come from noreply@[your company].com. They will only receive this email once.
Complete a Follow-Up request
Once your borrower has submitted their application, you may need to request additional follow-up information. The email subject will read: “Additional Information required for your [company] loan application.” The email will come from noreply@[your company].com. When you request a follow-up, they’ll receive this email from noreply@[your company].com.
Note: If the borrower does not complete the follow-up request in Blend, they will continue to receive this follow up reminder email once every 48 hours for a total of 3 times.
Follow up emails will occur on their normal cadence of every 2 days for a max of 7 days as long as the borrower has not logged in for 48 hours.
If you don’t want your borrower to receive the follow-up request email anymore because you’ve already received the information, you don’t need it anymore, or for any other reason, go to the Follow-Ups tab of the loan.
Turn off Follow-Up email reminders
In the Follow Ups tab, click the "..." and select Turn off notifications to all borrowers.
Mark a Follow-Up complete/ delete a Follow-Up
1. Click the three dots next to the follow-up.
a. Select Mark as complete, If you receive your follow-up request outside of Blend (e.g. via email or in person)
b. Select Delete, if you don't need the selected follow-up anymore.
2. The status will change to Completed Externally, and your borrower will no longer receive email reminders for this follow-up request.
- Completed follow-ups, however, cannot be deleted. Once a borrower completes a follow-up, or a LO marks one as "completed externally", the borrower will no longer receive email reminders for the completed follow-up request.
Automatic email reminders/notifications are not sent for follow-ups that are automatically generated by the system. (For example; follow-ups triggered automatically after borrower submit).
- Blend only sends reminders for the manual follow-ups requested by the LO.
DISCLAIMER: All mentioned features on this page may not be applicable to your institution, please reach out to (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.