Borrowers who have an existing application in Blend may want apply for another loan. For example in the case of a borrower that is purchasing a new property while refinancing an existing property. Lenders can create an additional application for an existing borrower whose email has already been used in Blend.
Note: This article describes how lenders can create additional applications for a borrower using the same borrower email address. To learn how borrowers can start a new application within the borrower portal, refer to Additional application for an existing borrower (borrower experience).
Loan officer experience
1. Click New Loan from the pipeline screen.
2. Select Full Application from the drop-down menu.
3. Enter information for the loan type, borrower's full name, borrower's email address, and loan originator.
4. Click Create.
If you are creating a new loan and need to copy borrower information from an existing loan in Blend, refer to Copy an Existing Loan to learn more.
- The "Email already in use" message is only an alert and will not prevent you from creating the application.
- The minimum required fields are:
- Loan Type
- Borrower's first and last name
- Borrower's Email address
Resource: Quick Intake Form