The following contains a list of general FAQ surrounding pulling credit through Blend. Of course, due to the individual nuances of your system, specific questions can be further addressed with the Blend support team email@example.com.
- Why am I getting an error message?
- Is this a hard credit pull or a soft credit pull?
- How does the information get into PCL? Do I need to do anything? (For those using PCL)
- How can I pull separate credit reports for co-borrowers?
- How can I re-pull credit in Blend?
- Credit Plus specific password issues
Q. Why am I getting an error message?
A. If you have not done so already, you will need to enable Credit Pull from within Blend and make sure the correct credentials have been added. (How to Enable Credit Pull in Blend)
It is also important to consider making sure that 'Automatically pull credit on submission' has been enabled in order to have a seamless credit pull automatically.
Note: If you have automatic credit pull enabled and the credit pull fails, a generic error message "There was an error pulling credit" will appear. Otherwise, manual credit pull failures will be tailored to the specific failure reason.
Q. Is this a hard credit pull or a soft credit pull?
A. Depending on your configuration, both hard and soft credit pulls can be used.
Q. How does the information get into PCL? Do I need to do anything? (For those using PCL)
- The Credit Reference Number is automatically sent to PCL upon borrower submission if the credit was pulled prior to submission and export to PCL.
- To populate credit-related fields and retrieve the CreditPlus credit report in PCL, simply request to reissue the Credit Report.
Q. How can I pull separate credit reports for co-borrowers?
- You can pull Credit for shared apps (borrowers sharing information) as a shared pull.
- Credit pull is available for non-sharing applications (borrowers not sharing information) for all clients with this feature enabled.
- The Non-Sharing Credit Pull feature needs to be enabled in order to pull credit for non-sharing applications.
- Credit pull is available for 1 borrower, 2 co-borrowers, or 2 joint non sharing borrowers.
- Credit pull is not available for 3 borrowers at this time. .
Q. How can I re-pull credit in Blend?
1. After the initial credit pull, click Manage credit from the Lender Toolbar.
2. Highlight the radio button for Pull new credit report.
3. Select the desired credit Pull type option.
4. Click Pull Credit.
- To view credit score in Mobile App that was either pulled via Desktop app or Mobile App:
- Navigate to “details” under the borrower’s name > then you will see the credit score.
- If you tap the “view more” button next to the score, you will see the:
- 3 score breakdown
- Link to credit report
- If you pulled credit in PCL, the credit reference number doesn’t get imported back into Blend. Pulling again from the phone would be another credit pull.
DISCLAIMER: All mentioned features on this page may not be applicable to your institution, please reach out to (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on what features are enabled for your use.